Tuesday 24 August 2010

I Ache

Today I ache, seriously ache.... It is my own fault becuase last night me and Jer'van went to the gym, and I pushed myself too hard. It was not this guy...
...no, this guy is my new best friend. After a massive 5 minute fitness test on this fella, I scored a fitness level of 45 (my highest yet)... I dunno what it is out of, neither do I know '45 what?' but still, that is all irrelevant coz after telling you your score he goes a lil further... and anounces that I am 'above average' ... anyway back to 'I ache'... it is all becuase of this guy...
This wasteman has it in for me for some reason. Trusay, I did feel pumped, and the reflection in the mirror is certainly leaner and more toned than the guy that used to stare back at me a few months ago, but why... the following day... do I ache, and feel so weak I could hardly do up the buttons on my shirt!
---
On the way home Jer'van and I decided to re-fuel, and we were certainly both 'above average' at the Toby Carvary in Buckhurst Hill.

anywayz...while 'tutting' at my aching body, the Holy Spirit reminded me of that scripture in Timothy where it says 'For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.'
---
I wonder when was the last time you engaged in such faith-filled prayer that you could still feel the effect of it the following day. Yes, my body aches, becuase it is part of the process needed to get in shape. My spirit too 'groans' as it is being 'worked out'... God has shown me glimpses of my future in Him, the fulfilment of the vision He has given us for the church, for revival, for healing, for salvation, for homecoming... and until I see all of this fulfilled, I need to work out until I ache!

1 comment:

  1. You should take a step ahead to fix an appoinment with personal trainer of Buckhurst Hill. In this way, you can discuss health problems personally with him or her.

    www.joestokerfitness.co.uk
    Personal Trainer Buckhurst Hill

    ReplyDelete