Thursday 2 September 2010

Scary Wildlife

On my way home from work yesterday i decided to pop into the scrubland area on Five Oaks Lane in Chigwell, to see if there were any of these...
..Whinchats, however i was stunned to walk round a large oak tree and be faced with this...
He was HUGE, horse sized, with massive antlers. He was less than 15m away from me, and stared me out. I was not sure whether to try and get closer to photograph him on the mobile, or RUN!...
---
In the end, i backed away slowly!. It is a strange thing to be scared of a deer isn't it?
---
by the way, there WERE Whinchats. (3 of em).
---
Its funny how our reactions surprise us sometimes, I didnt think i would feel fear when faced with a STATIONARY deer... slightly less justified than the fear I felt when a similar sized deer came bounding towards me and Jonathan in the dark up a country lane on Mull (Scotland) last year.... It cleared the car by an inch... That fear was really intense... (a life flash b4 eyes moment), and this was a bit of a flashback moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment